Saturday, August 11, 2007

sunrise in Sweden

If I had waited just a couple more minutes I could have gotten the big ball in the basket. It was neat to see the light fog rolling off at sunrise.
This was 5-ish in the morning. The island the sun is rising over is Runmarö.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know why you get up so early...I wouldn't want to miss that beautiful site either...thanks for sharing your lives with us !!!

Number Three of Eight said...

Beautiful. How long does the maypole stay up.

rednk-n-eurp said...

The maypole comes down in September during the community clean up day. No ceremony or special occasion, just when people can get to it. I think the clean up day may be the unofficial end to summer on Fantasy Island. (Da plane da plane!)

Got to see the night time sky last night. First time I've seen it since we've been here. Usually is dark dark from 12 - 2:30 when we're sleeping. Now it's starting to get dark a little earlier. There were so many stars I was disoriented - not the usual 25 stars when we lived in the city. I honestly couldn't tell what I was looking at. I think we might have to git us a Swedish star map(hope it's in English). Mormor says during the winter she can see Northern Lights here sometimes. That I really wanna see.

Number Three of Eight said...

Cool. I'd love to see the northern lights. Enjoy the sun while you can...but I guess you know that.

Tonight is supposed to be part of the August meteor shower...Pleiades (can't spell). It comes this time every year. It was my first experience seeing meteors at the reunion at Pokagon. It goes for a few days.

Anonymous said...

Margaret - thanks for the heads up on the meteor shower. I stepped outside for ten minutes last night and saw two shooting stars in a break in the clouds before it closed. Reassuring to know the sky is the same here as there, albeit a different vantage point. Now if I can figure out how to organize these extra stars...

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a beautiful sunrise! Unfortunately I'm never up at this time of the day so I never get to see the sunrise in the city... Roswitha