Tuesday, January 13, 2009

jakob on retainer

Jakob got a retainer today. He was fitted for one in December since his two front teeth needed some adjusting. His bottom teeth probably need some fixing later on but right now there is no room to get them straightened. The dentist even gave us the mold.
He is doing amazingly well with it, considering he has to wear it at all times, except when he is eating.
Healthcare and dentist care in Sweden is basically free for all kids under 18. That explains some of all that tax we are paying...


2 comments:

Tracy said...

I had to wear something similiar...also had to take it out to eat...TWICE I wrapped it in a napkin at a restaraunt and TWICE it got thrown away and TWICE my mother went and picked up the garbage for the day for me to go through to find it and TWICE I found it....moral to the story...don't wrap your retainer in a napkin and sit it on your fast food tray!!!!!!

Number Three of Eight said...

Whoa, too much information.
Use caution before you expand that mouth photo to full size.

Not to worry Jake, You will have a lovely smile when you are ready to get serious about the girls.

Glad you are making use of your tax dollar. Listen to Tracy...retainers are easy to lose and expensive to replace.

Of course, Jake could end up wearing the wrap around torture device I had before jr high. It was painful and embarassing. I'm glad dentistry has advanced.