Friday, April 27, 2007

moving out!

If you are wondering what we have been up to lately....well, we've been a little busy packing, packing and packing and giving things away, having a moving sale, selling the house and the car etc. Today is officially our last day in the house and everything is either in suitcases or in tubs to store in town or in tubs that we still have to go through (there is more??!). Try packing your 3 bedroom house into 8 suitcases and deciding what to take along.
For those of you who don't know, we are leaving the country on May 9th and landing in Stockholm the next day. We are excited, nervous, and sad but most of all I think we haven't quite had the time to think through how we are really feeling, we've just had too much to do!
Thanks to all who have been a great help to us during this time. Thanks to all of our great family, friends, and neighbors that we will miss. OK, now I have to go find the kleenex box, which tub is it in??? I better keep it handy, we have a thousand farewells to make.
Not sure when we'll get time to write again, maybe it will be from across the pond. We hope you will keep in touch with us, we'll keep you posted on what is going on with us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

John and Monkia,
What an adventure! I am so glad that this worked out for you! Even though we haven't been able to keep in touch very often since you left ML, I will miss you and your family very much! Keep in touch with the rest of us across the pond!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Johnika and sons...
We will certainly miss you guys and you'll be in our thoughts and prayers, but what an awesome opportunity for your family! Keep in touch and we hope to see you on one side of the pond or other down the road!

Sheri

Number Three of Eight said...

Hey, will that guitar fit in a suitcase? I hope so. You make it look so tidy. I know it hasn't been that way for you in reality.
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Yes, we only took pictures of the tidy piles....
The guitar is coming with us.
Monika