Monday, January 22, 2007

fun in the snow

Well, we got our first real snowfall overnight. At 6:45a.m. we heard the cheers from the boys bedroom as they looked out their window. It snowed! It snowed! Of course we had to go play in it -- I mean shovel it -- before church. After the church luncheon today I got ambushed by Jake, Mon & Sam in the church yard after Mon told me to meet them at the car. Hmm... I think their little ruse worked. The snow was clumpy and heavy...perfect for battle. Of course we had to throw down. Snowballs flew & flew. Laughter. Running. Dodging behind snow pocked trees. The battle went on and on. Two would gang up on one then three would gang up on the other. Everybody took their shots and gave them too. Jake got a little zealous toward the end and ran with a cocked snow filled hand toward older church members who happen to walk near the fringe of our battlefield. I reeled him back in in time. That was the most fun we'd had in the snow in a long time; for sure this winter.

No comments: