I (Monika) had my interview today to become a US citizen. The letter they sent out with my appointment time listed all these papers I should bring and to expect the appointment to take approx 2 hours. They never asked for any papers and I was in and out within 15 minutes. After a few questions they gave me a piece of paper saying "congratulations, your application has been recommended for approval". Basically, I am not officially a citizen yet. They will send me a letter with the date and time for the oath ceremony that should hopefully take place maybe even later this month. We are going to celebrate tonight with some yummy thai food (that is so american!).
Thursday, January 04, 2007
interview
I (Monika) had my interview today to become a US citizen. The letter they sent out with my appointment time listed all these papers I should bring and to expect the appointment to take approx 2 hours. They never asked for any papers and I was in and out within 15 minutes. After a few questions they gave me a piece of paper saying "congratulations, your application has been recommended for approval". Basically, I am not officially a citizen yet. They will send me a letter with the date and time for the oath ceremony that should hopefully take place maybe even later this month. We are going to celebrate tonight with some yummy thai food (that is so american!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Congrats! -Jamie
p.s. I will ask around about the cat.
Congratulations! Everything seems to run smoothly. Have you already heard when the oath ceremony will be?
I wish you all the best.
Roswitha
I have not heard yet when the ceremony will take place. I hope that will happen soon!!
Monika
Post a Comment