
The oath ceremony to become a US citizen was yesterday. They had us show up at 9 AM but there were probably 100 people there to become citizens so everything took
time. Once they had us lined up in order (not sure what order it was, it was not alphabetical and not by country) they gave each of us a number. I ended up with #81. Then we each had paperwork to hand in so it was not until 11 AM that they had everything ready and the ceremony could begin.

A lot of standing up and sitting down, and then the oath itself and just like that another 100 people became US citizens. There were people there from all over the world. We got our certificates and a letter from the president, voter registration forms etc. and we were free to go.

The boys had patiently waited for hours so they were glad Mommy was finally done with her ceremony. Thanks so much to all of you who were able to make it there for part of the day and thank you for the beautiful flowers.
4 comments:
Congratulations!! Did you have to go to Chicago for the oath? How does it feel to be a US citizen??
Hugs from Roswitha and Rolf
Didn't have to go to Chicago. The ceremony was here in Cincinnati. Everybody keeps asking how it feels being a US citizen. I am not sure I feel any different. I guess it feels a little odd that I can consider this "my" country as well now.
See ya,
Monika
Monika...you are part of and invested in the Elliott family. We love you...that's all you need to make this your second home. I'm so happy to have you in my family. I'm happy you will be closer to your family, but I will sorely miss you, John, and my nephews. I'm just glad that the citizenship lets you come visit us whenever you can. Thank you for taking that big step. I look forward to visiting you across the pond.
Ahh, thanks Margaret! Looking forward to see you in Sweden!
Monika
Post a Comment