Tuesday, February 13, 2007

skiing anyone?

The World Cup in skiing is going on right now in Åre, Sweden. TV networks here in the US have shown nothing so far, or if they have, I (Monika) have missed it. I guess the American skiers are not doing so well this year....One skier that is doing really well is Anja Pärson from Sweden.

Out of three events she has participated in so far she has won three gold. Nobody has ever won gold in downhill, slalom, and giant slalom in the same world cup or olympics. She still has two more events so maybe two more gold medals?
I look forward to doing a lot more skiing than I have here in the US. Last time I had my feet strapped to skis was in the Rocky Mountains winter of 1993. And last time John went skiing was..? Ah, yeah, never. We'll change that when we get to Sweden. Skiing lessons for all the boys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That will be a lot of fun! I wouldn't miss it for the world...