Wednesday, June 11, 2008

em fotboll

Picture from Dagensnyheter. Can you tell which guy is not originally from Sweden in this picture? Maybe there's hope for immigrants yet.

European sports fans are excited right now. Many countries have sent their soccer team to an annual tournament that's going on in Switzerland & Austria. They will play until one team is crowned champion. Sweden is in a bracket with Spain, Greece & Russia and won their first round match last night against Greece. Spain crushed Russia yesterday, leaving Spain and Sweden undefeated. I think Spain is considered to be the favorite in the bracket and they beat Sweden earlier in the year during a regular season match. More updates later.

....what? I can't get baseball at a decent hour, gotta route for something. : )

2 comments:

Number Three of Eight said...

Why would you watch baseball when you have soccer? What tournament is this?

RoRoS said...

Hi John!
I have to make a few corrections to your text. The European Championship is held every four years. Last time it was in Portugal and Greece won (quite surprisingly) then. In between a World Championship is held. Two years ago it was i Germany and the next will be in South Africa.
It wasn't a regular match when Spain beat Sweden, it was the Qualifikation for this Championship.

Today Spain and Sweden clashes again. I hope it will be a draw.