Sunday, February 22, 2009

3 months and counting

Lately we have been thinking a lot about the move back to the States. We know the economy is soft or whatever the lingo is, but we are looking forward to getting our feet on the ground. To say the least it is challenging knowing we are moving and waiting, yet there is only so much we can do on this side to get ready and so much on that side before we arrive.

Hard to believe but it is down to 3 months. For the time being we are starting to liquidate our stuff, shipping some things home as well. Hoping to get the car cleaned up and ready for market by mid March or so.

A couple other updates:

John has dropped out of Swedish for immigrants. Life is too distracting right now and the point of it was to get some more Swedish in before we leave, for the boys' sake.

The writers group is just about done as well, me thinks. It's been fun but many of the participating members are in personal transition themselves and the energy, focus or inspiration to write is just not there right now. Great bunch of folks. I will miss them. When I get back to Cincinnati I hope to join another writers circle of some sort. I'd like to get more serious about it, personally. Luckily many of my friends in the Stockholm group are on Facebook so we will be able to keep in touch.

I think that is about it for now.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

We are counting down too!!!!

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

I'm with Tracy! We are so looking forward to your return!

Mommakitten said...

Me three, and Adam makes four!