Wednesday, September 12, 2007

look who came to dinner(and wouldn't leave)






















Rolf & Rosi moved to Sweden from Austria not too long before we did, June of last year. They live in an efficiency apartment (condominium) with a great view of downtown Stockholm. It is small but clean and functional. Since we've been here they've been saying they wanted to have us over for dinner sometime. Being the busy families we are it hasn't happened yet, until this past Sunday. I thought our busy guys were pretty good but I hope we din't wear out our welcome. Mormor and cousin Fredrik joined us too.
Rosi made curry chicken and rice and for dessert she made knödel stuffed with plums and a poppy seed bread roll. Rosi had several years of cooking in school and even a simple meal seems to have an elegant flair. Rolf & Rosi are currently looking for a house out this direction. See Roros site for more pictures. http://roros-schwedenabenteuer.blogspot.com/2007/09/grau.html
Thanks to our gracious hosts!

4 comments:

Number Three of Eight said...

How neat! I wondered how you got to visit so much. I thought they were still in Austria. What perfect timing for you to be in Sweden.

This aunt is very happy for Jake and Sam to have another "Good Aunt."

Margaret

Anonymous said...

Hello, it was really nice to have you as our guests.
I'm glad it finally worked out! It sure wasn't the last time - Austrian cuisine has so much more to offer! See you soon, Roswitha

payhay said...

wow! look at all taht IKEA furniture in it native environment!

rednk-n-eurp said...

IKEA furniture in a native environment: ain't that the truth. They did and we probably will too, piece by piece. Coming soon to a store near you.

Heck, if we ever come back home we might be able to get the same furniture there as we have here.