Sunday, September 30, 2007

titta monen


Mormor says for the next couple months the moon is going to rise directly over the island's harbor. I had to run and grab the camera while I was grilling burgers. Without a tripod this was the best of four shots. Our Sony digital camera is convenient for 90% of the family/fun shots we take but I think for the long term I'd like to get a camera that can take more specific and night time shots. I'd like to share the stars out here. It truly is amazing. Then again stars are something you have to appreciate in person, almost something that a camera will never do justice.

4 comments:

Number Three of Eight said...

Beautiful. We just had "harvest moon" which I heard explained as the first full moon after equinox.

Margaret

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

You need to frame that John, absolutely gorgeous
tonni

Anonymous said...

Nice shot, John.

I have a Sony too and share your frustration with night shots. I don't know if I need to consider a camera with more mega-pixels or what, but I often get blurry results at night. I'm an amateur though, so I might just be using the camera in the wrong way.

Anonymous said...

Hey John,



It's Randy.....How are you? I finally dug out your email address and decided I need to catch up. Life here is very interesting.....I am working for Wells Fargo right now. Had to give up cutting hair for awhile. I was in a bad car accident and had to have back surgery and my shoulder re-built. Not sure if I'll go back to it. I'm working part-time at Hy Vee in the bakery as a cake decorator. At least I get to use my creativity. Blaize is doing well. At the end of this month he will have been married 5 years and has 2 beautiful daughters. Alexis is 2 and Bailey is 1 month this friday. He is full-time army right now and just got back from Honduras. I am living with Toni and Damon Lampley. They have a huge house in Clive so I rent out the lower portion of the house. It's great to be with them. They have 2 beautiful little boys. Darren will be 3 on Dec 3rd and Brandon turned 1 in September. I have reading your blog and stay caught up with your new life overseas. Sounds like a great time and a wonderful learning experience for the boys. I hope all is continues to go well for all of you. Take care!!!!



Peace,



Randy