Saturday, February 09, 2008

late jul celebration

Allright, I'm out and out going borrow Rolf and Rosi's post for this one. Click on the title above for pictures. We were invited to dinner at mormors friend's house last Saturday as the body Fendrich for a late Christmas dinner. Siegrid was our hostess. She used to be a coworker of Mormors before they retired. Mormor invited her to our Thanksgiving get together back in November and Siegrid wanted to return the favor. This was the first time all our schedules worked out. It was very nice. Menu note: this was the first time I tried moose. Honestly, very honestly, it tasted just like roast beef. I'll never think of Bullwinkle the same.

5 comments:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Wow!! Moose?? Was it tough??

Tracy said...

My dad "conned" me into deer meat once.....I don't think I will ever be the same!!

erin richardson said...

Mmmm.... venison ... Bambi ... Elk is a little tougher than venison, but I can't say I've ever had moose before.

rednk-n-eurp said...

literally, just like roast beef. I've had deer - a little gamey and reindeer - a little tough, but moose was right on.

Number Three of Eight said...

come on, everything tastes like chicken! except tofu...no taste at all.