The villagers (that's what I call them anyway) came out in force - probably twenty or so of us which for this time of year I thought was a lot. We had ladders and saws and clippers and on a blustery day went to work. We must have trimmed 12 - 15 trees in two hours. For a time me and another guy rode in a front loader's pail while we were lifted up to trim some of the trees.
At the near end of our work we were corralled and treated to hot cups of goulash soup which really hit the spot on this brisk day. It was a beef vegetable soup with thick broth and the front load driver broke off a chunk of crusty bread to go with for those who wanted it. It was one of those moments that you know would be forever etched in your memory.
One of the neatest things about today was feeling included and connected to the Swedish community. I was actually able to ask some questions, make comments in Swedish. I actually got some of the jokes in Swedish when we were standing around eating our goulash. It was neat.
2 comments:
nice alternative to superbowl chili. sounds like a great day
Glad you had such a good day! Certainly sounds like something I'd remember.
Post a Comment