Saturday, November 22, 2008

tracks in the snow

We got our first official dusting of snow last night. Walking out this morning to play with Jake in it, there on the front walk were very prominent fox tracks. "Jake look, fox tracks!"
"I know Dad. They go all the way back to the red house behind mormor's. I already followed them back."
I guess we've already had a couple nature lessons.

We also had bird tracks.

And bike tracks.

And boy.

This Japanese lantern stood out against the snow too.

And the sap from the cherry tree.

I know somebody redid the walk earlier this year. I might be mistaken but I think that rock right outside the door might look a little bit like Ohio.

5 comments:

Westside News said...

Of course, Ohio rocks.

Tracy said...

Great pics...thanks for sharing your adventure!!

Number Three of Eight said...

Great Pun westie.
Those ARE great photos...Mon or John?

We've had flurries and the weather is just starting to resemeble the season. Hope you get to enjoy some snow sports this year.

Margaret

Mommakitten said...

That rock does look like Ohio... it is a sign... from who... you know who :)

rednk-n-eurp said...

Margaret

I took the photos actually. We got a couple others that may have been redundant in this post but they will pop up somewhere.

John