Blog title comes from U2 lyrics that I thought had more to do with this blog but after reading them again, not really.
Today is June 21st, the longest day of the year in the Northern hemisphere. It's a good thing too. If the days get any longer in Sweden, we're not going to have much night left. Even at 1:30 a.m. this morning it was dusk out. I don't think I will ever get used to it, or the boys. Their bedtime keeps creeping later, though they don't seem to be getting up any earlier. The flip side is that winter is really, really dark or so I've been warned - first by the Americans and now more concerning, the Swedes. Even in summer Swedes are debating the effects of 'light therapy'(during the really dark winter) which scares me a little bit. Oh well, that's another season and another post.
Sweden has a celebration the Friday after the summer solstice called Midsommar. Food, fun and dancing around the Maypole. More on that later.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment