Another sign - there seem to be many - that winter is approaching was helping Rolf pull his boat from the water yesterday. When we got our car we had a hitch installed for just such a task. 
I didn't doubt the car could do it, but I didn't anticipate the boat ramp - pitched and made up of sand and gravel - to be so loose. For a moment I was wondering if the car was going to get stuck because the tires were digging in so bad.
I didn't doubt the car could do it, but I didn't anticipate the boat ramp - pitched and made up of sand and gravel - to be so loose. For a moment I was wondering if the car was going to get stuck because the tires were digging in so bad.
Rolf had the idea to let the boat back out and get the car past the rut then pull the boat on the trailer.
The plan worked.
Rolf's was the last boat to be pulled in for the season. He had some late season maintenance on his cabin on an island 25 minutes from here.
3 comments:
That makes me cold, just to look at the pictures. It is really gross here today. Cold, dark, rainy, mid 40s. When will it be spring???
Just think about putting it out again in the spring!
Margaret
I spent the weekend in New Mexico for my little sister's wedding ... it might have been 75 degrees here ... :-P But, yes, winter is coming. Not one of my favorite things. *sigh*
Post a Comment