

There are some small flowers starting to pop up in the dead of winter along the front walk. Funny, we haven't really had that much show yet, just dark and cold. Mormor calls the flower snow drops or snödroppar. They are about the size of crocus back in Ohio, another early spring bulb flower. The snow you see in the picture is as deep as it's been all winter.
5 comments:
Wow. Those are some REAllY early spring flowers.
Funny....we have had more snow than you have had here in Cincy....the promise of the coming spring should help get you through the last few dark months of winter!
I thought they were crocus!! Okay, I can't spell....I need sleep....
You got it right. Snow Drops (botanical 'galanthus') I'll have to add to my Swedish vocabulary (ha). They bloom here in February or so. They are the coolest flowers and I love them so much. they are a true harbinger of spring. I'm happy you have them too! Tough little flowers...the squirrels like the bulbs otherwise I'd hav more.
Margaret
No signs of spring here yet, but I can't wait for the signs of summer, that means it is closer to the time when you guys come to visit!
Post a Comment