Sunday, March 08, 2009

the baltic sea

Heard a song today that kind of hits living in Sweden on the head. It's by a Scottish/Swedish trio and the group is on myspace.com Click on 'the Baltic Sea' above to go to the site. Scroll down to the song called 'Baltic Sea.' I'd feel a little bad if the band didn't include a Swede but it does so we're off the hook. :)

Oh Sweden I'm sorry to say
That you're tedious sometimes
Your natural beauty is unsurpassed
Your children are healthy and ruddy
Your recycling facilities are second to none
You're an ethical, peace-loving nation
You design such great furniture and storage solutions
And mass-produce them too

But nobody smiles back at me
On the underground on my way to work
You're as cold as the Baltic Sea
And you close your doors so readily

But your lakes are so clean for swimming in
Your mountains so white for skiing on
Your forests are so full of blueberries
Your summers are cloudless sky

But nobody smiles back at me
On the underground on my way to work
You're as cold as the Baltic Sea
And you close your doors so readily

But I could be your friend
I'll come round for tea when you're all alone
I can make you laugh
I'll chat to you all night long on the phone

We can be your friends
We can be your friends
We can be your friends

No comments: