
Blueberries grow wild on the island and last night after dinner we picked some as a family.

Picking and kinda grinning.

Immigrant workers here too.

Ahh...the bounty. Mommy's pale.

Blueberry hands after a halfhour.

Jakob's pale, after a run in with the trail.

Sam's pale. I think these two came from Daddy.
2 comments:
YUM!!
Wait a minute...did everyone eat the berries as they went? How come Monika is the only one with berries in her pail and no juice stains on her hands?
Count yourself lucky...you would have to work like crazy in your garden and make major changes in the environment to get a pail of blueberries here!
All I can say is they are decent and reasonbly priced at the grocery right now... You know how it is in the US, produce comes in from everywhere. We don't know where our food comes from most of the time. Nonetheless, this is a great time of the year. Last week at Dwights, we had corn on the cob picked locally same day. That's summer!
Hey John, you were pretty little and probably wouldn't remember...but one of our family vacations camping in Ohio placed us in a state park with buckets of blackberries. Dad took us on a walk with the park naturalist who pointed out the berry bushes. We headed out with pails the next day and found the motherlode. We had berries in the bowl and mom or grandma E made cobbler. We even left a quart with the park naturalist. One of my favorite family vacation memories...yum.
Margaret
Margaer
After a while I figured it was probably safest to put my blueberries in with Mon's. I didn't want to do the work and watch them hit the ground. Sammy actually dumped his in Mon's at least once too. Coming soon: raspberries, pears, cherries, apples and hopefully pumpkins!
I remember a lot of the family vacations, but not the blueberries. Sounds like a great memory.
Post a Comment