
This weekend, sailing ships from all over the world were gathered in Stockholm for Tall ships. We went there just as the rain clouds blew in so we didn't really see that many ships, we were mainly huddled under a borrowed umbrella to avoid getting soaked.

I (Monika) really wanted to see the ship "Christian Radich" from Norway and through another rainshower I at least got a picture of it, they weren't letting anyone on board at the time. 10 years ago I got to sail with the ship for a couple of days.

4 comments:
ahh... someone is finally posting those blogs building up in our computer.
Tall Ships is similar to Cincinnati's Tall Stacks Celebration of river steamboats except Tall Ships hits four cities in one year, starting at city A, sailing to city B, sailing to city C, etc. Stockholm was one of four host cities this year. They will host again in 2013ish. Very Cool.
It looks very neat! Do they let folks tour the boats?
Margaret
They do let people on some of the boats, they are very neat.
Monika
I didn't see that much of them. I was too cought in the rain. It almost washed me off the pier.
Post a Comment