Wednesday, July 11, 2007

two months

Two months out. Hard to believe. I was talking to Mon today telling her I was feeling pulled in many directions - projects around the house, writing letters to people, coming up with activities for the boys during the day, dishing back out some of the encouragement that's been offered to us during the move, working on the acre+ yard(for next year), starting a shopping list for tools to replace the vanload I left with brother Jay, digging in to learn more Swedish... Mon said, honey, we've only been here two months - relax.

Two months - wow. Made me think for a moment. In two months we have gainful employment, a car, a roof over our heads, kids are set for fall school and daycare, and we found a church we think we like... Covers a lot of ground and we're not done yet. For being two months out I'd say our first international move(and no manual to follow) is going pretty well.

As far as narrowing the focus, time to dig into Swedish and consider projects we want to get done before that long dark Swedish winter.

ps. It's our hope this blog never comes off smug or pretentious. We had a great opportunity to come over and we wanted to take it. The blog is only a vehicle to share what's going on in our lives with family and friends. Life is not without challenge. Inbetween the images there's been a lot growing to do.

2 comments:

Number Three of Eight said...

I am so inspired by your adventure...don't criticize yourself.

Your cousin Paula lives in a similar northern clime...she might have some pointers. I know she is a fan of supplemental lights in the winter and outdoor activities.

Have you started language lessons yet (outside the home)?

Margaret

rednk-n-eurp said...

the swedish (language) for immigrants people have been on vacation since we got here. they are taking new sign ups starting in august. meanwhile, i'm trying to teach myself as much as i can ahead of time from an old swedish for immigrants book.

smug: i think the nature of a blog can be a self indulgent way to communicate - the author's one way conversation with the world. i just want ours to come across authentic. We've been very fortunate.