Saturday, July 26, 2008

bowl full of cherries

There are a lot of cherries this year, both yellow and red. We did not get much last year or we waited too long before picking them. We did not want to miss out of them this year. The yellow ones don't last very long once you have picked them. You have to either eat them or make something with them right away. So we started out just picking a few of them....
Then we picked some more red ones.....(and this is not all of them, we have eaten a lot and given some away).
And then some smashed ones....We tried to get the cherries highest up in the tree so most of them got smashed as they fell to the ground. We made a jam out of the mess.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

mmmmmm homemade cherry pie, slightly warm with vanilla ice cream melting down the side......

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Yum!!!!! (but I think Tracy needs a sugar fix!)

Number Three of Eight said...

Those look like sweet cherries...bing?

rednk-n-eurp said...

Bing: I think so. They taste like Bing, but I don't know the official Swedish name.