
Yesterday a travelling circus was in Stavnäs. Some friends of ours gave us a gift certificate so we decided to go.

It was not billed as the greatest show on Earth but it had light up styrofoam tubes.

And trained house dogs.

And wandering camels.

And sökervadd (sugar wad or cotton candy).

And goats riding on a pony.

And house cats that jumped fire hoops. Try that one on Ms. Kitty.

And a grand finale, minus the camel trainer. I suspect she was upset at the camel's performance. There were also many acts involving just people. There were clowns, acrobats, tumblers, jugglers and a husband and wife balancing act. Many of the performers came from former Soviet Union states so it had a bit of an Eastern Block flavor at times. The kids enjoyed it and didn't mind the bike ride home in the rain.
This will give you a flavor of the music.
1 comment:
fun
I remember going to the circus at the "gardens" and the vendors went up and down the aisles selling the coolest stuff. One year I came home with a lizard. The vendor had one on a lizard leash tethered to his lapel. Once in a while, I could talk dad into stuff.
Margaret
Post a Comment