
So far we've only seen one pumpkin. But the vines we thought were pumpkins are growing lots of zuchinni. We've batter fried and stir fried them. Any suggestions how else to eat them? I think in general zuchinnis produce so much fruit you end up giving away as many as you consume. Better find a neighbor.
1 comment:
My tropical fish like zuchinni.
there are legions of zuchinni recipes out there just for people like you. Be careful, your blog could become a haven for odd but true zuchinni success and failure stories. You know people that grow zuchinni can't give them away.
By the way, the bigger a zuchinni gets, the pithier and tougher it becomes. The ideal size is 7-9 inches or so.
I have 2 to offer.
My favorite is to take a banana bread recipe and substitute grated zuchinni for the banana.
Another is to steam the zuchinni, puree it in the blender while it is still hot, blend in a bunch of grated cheese (i've only used cheddar...I bet there are better options). salt/season to taste and voila! A healthy version of creamed zuchinni soup.
OK one more.
I grew up on canned veggies. My first introduction to fresh vegetables (besides corn on the cob and potatoes) was when Uncle Paul and Aunt Gene came to visit and went to farmers market with mom. Aunt Gene just sliced up some tomatoes, onions, and zuchinni and threw them in a skillet to saute with salt and pepper. It was memorable.
Post a Comment