Thursday, March 13, 2008

busy busy

I haven't posted for a while other than 'körkort 3.' And thinking about it, it seems a lot of formerly free moments are now filled with lots of stuff to do. (As if we are the only family in the world that is busy.)

-Full time school - studying, writing, translating, you know -- the school thing. Not sure how much more I can squeeze into this one tounge brain but I'm there.
-Writers Group (I like to call it 'writers block') - second meeting on the 16th. Not to mention actually writing. Trying to squeeze it in in the cracks.
-Gardening - with the mild winter we've had, it's not too early to start planning. My goal this year is to plan out and build a rather large penned in garden outback. With the local animal and pest population we're going to need a 2M high pen with a gate to even have a chance. Realistic expectations this year. It may not all get planted but I'd like to at least get it built and planned and see where we get. I already have plants committed from an sfi classmate, in true gardner to gardner tradition. But it'll be fun to find out more about Swedish gardening. I have a running plan in my head that's already passed the Mon test but I'd like to figure out how to make this pen asymetrical without it being weird. Thinking herbs, veggies, strawberries, flowers, green stuff...
-Projects - just off the front stoop there's a sorely wanting patio/pathway that needs some serious TLC. I'd like to lay a new bed of sand or even gravel and reseat the granite stones that are there now. Also, is it the year for the kitchen? Man, I don't know. That's a big one. Mormor says she's going to take a vacation if we do. We'll see.
-Job?/Praktik? - questions for me too.

All for now.

1 comment:

Number Three of Eight said...

Sounds like you are feeling better. you have ambition.

For kicks you might check with Paula about garden possibilities for your climate.

Margaret