As you can tell by the title John finally got a 'godkänt' (approved!) on his driving test. Took me two times on the theory test and two times driving, but I got it. Kind of humbling knowing I have driven for a long, long time. To say the least, the Swedish testing standard for a license isn't the Ohio standard. I made a rookie mistake on my first driving test and because of that I failed. To say the least I was a little surprised and rattled. Not so much because of the test but more thinking about the consequences of not having a license. What a mess that would make for our current day to day family plan. In a strange twist, my second driving tester reminded me a lot of my oldest brother Scott who passed away from cancer in 2000. The tester smelled like cigarettes too and had a bushy biker dude goatee. Scott had given up smoking but that is a lasting memory I have of him. The tester, Hans, said if he were in America he would like to be a US Marine. The guy looked the part and rides a Harley in warm weather but during the test he was a big teddy bear.
If anybody knows where I can find a '64 Chevy Impala, I know somebody who would park it next to his Harley.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOOHOO!!! Great News John!! I am sure it is a huge relief to have all the driving stuff behind you!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Now I'll have to throw a little party and eat all the ice cream myself. Such a terrible thing -- how will I manage? Seriously though, that's got to be a relief to be done with.
yes!
I knew you were churning yourself up too much!
I know where you can get a 1982 merc grand marquis with low (relative) miles.
Post a Comment