Tuesday, September 30, 2008

digging in the dirt

The local electric company is burying cables underground.
Needless to say there's been a log of digging and machinery and negotiating the roadways.
Mormor has figured out the work crews are working extra long days so they can take Fridays off.

I heard it proposed in Cincinnati that the electric company there bury the cables especially after Ike came through. That will be one huge project.

5 comments:

Number Three of Eight said...

it's kind of like when the city dug up my street to replace the water main. they broke my gas line, they were annoying overall. it's good to improve infrastructure. On my travels, I see Ohio improving and replacing bridge overpasses...it's good.

Hillary said...

It is very common for construction workers here to work longer Mon-Thurs and then take at least a half-day on Fridays, if not the whole day.

rednk-n-eurp said...

I have a sneaking suspicion that that afternoon fika on Thursday is a good two hours or so. ;)

rednk-n-eurp said...

hillary - how did it go with the renewal?

Hillary said...

I sent in my paperwork about 3 weeks ago or so, but I haven't heard anything, so I am hoping for the best! :/ :)

Construction workers usually travel, sometimes pretty far from home, to the places they have to work (the harder labor workers), especially if it is bigger projects and not inner-city work. Lots of times the workers will even live in a camper during the week where they are working, and then on Thursday night/Friday afternoon go home to the family for the weekend.