
There was an end of the summer season workday a couple weeks ago that we never blogged about. Every successful Swedish work day starts with concensus. This one, trying to figure out how to take down the may pole.

Concensus in action.

Divide and conquer. Removing the dried birch branches.

Cheap immigrant labor. Some Cincinnati folks may recognize Marvin Lewis' training camp mantra, 'Do your job', on the back of my shirt. A lot of good that has done. Earlier, an older gentleman told me I wasn't swinging the sickle right and that my borrowed tool was really dull. I'm not sure which offended him, my technique or the fact that I'd try to help out on a volunteer day with a dull blade. Mon wouldn't let me go get our weed eater like I wanted. It wasn't in the spirit of the day.

Plenty of villagers at work. This is the last we see of a lot of folks for the season. Later on we stormed the castle and demanded the monster. Sorry, wrong blog.

Sammy wanted to help out too. Mommy liked the changing fall colors.

More concensus. This time trying to build a small prefab cabin for storing boat motors. We have yet to finish this project. It probably warrants its own workday. I have a feeling the instructions are in Swedish.

Yet more Swedish concensus with a little American interjection. Apparently the boys weren't digging in the mud right. And of course Jake is wearing his brand new gym shoes to supervise because his boots were at school. We didn't realize this til after the fact.
The day was topped off with a big kettle of hotdogs (warm korv) for the work crew. And we only found one tic between the four of us.
1 comment:
I think it's neat that the community gets together for workdays like that. I woulda brought the weedeater too. :-)
Post a Comment