
We went in to town as a family this weekend to see the movie,"Wall-e", the latest Pixar show. Yeah, it's been out in the States since Mayish, but it just opened in Stockholm last weekend. I'm not going to say much about the movie but I think it's one that people should see. Even though it comes in kid packaging I think it has a powerful message.

The boys liked it enough to come home and fill the dry erase board with movie images and suddenly they picked up their other toys to personify movie characters.
A huge irony is that anti-consumption is one of the main themes of the movie. Does that mean Disney really doesn't want us to consume its products? Even a toy or two? Or are they really paying a little lip service to the sentiment of the movie? We usually buy Pixar movies for our very small dvd library.
Hmm. We'll have to think about this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment