Update time - been a while.
-John turned 42 last week. Hard to believe 42 could look this good. : ) I don't feel 42. 41 was pretty good to me. 41 snuck out the door like 2007 on New Year's Eve. I have a theory on even/odd years - one being better than the other, but I forget what it is. Let's hope it is a good year.
-Life in Sweden is good. I think it's really growing on us. Heck, I even look forward to fish night whenever it rolls around. I hope to learn how to grill fish one day, though I haven't the foggiest how to start, but that is another post. In general I have a theory about Swedish folks that inside that sometimes businessy exterior many Swedes are just humble folks who work hard and try not to make themselves standout, even if they've accomplished something great or sacrificed to help somebody else. It's just the right thing to do.
-Speaking of Sweden growing on us, we're planning a pretty good sized garden here at mormors. I will post pictures later as our camera battery needs to be charged. I say planning because we have a lot of garden predators to contend with; deer, birds, snails, moles, fox, badger and the like. Part of the garden will be a large enclosed pen 15' x 24' (5M x 8M) and part of it will be a deer proof (hahaha) flower garden area that will include an area to have fika in the afternoons. Where we are building the garden is a bed of lupine now. We're hoping to use part of that bed to frame the big cage. The scale of the thing is pretty big and I'm not sure we'll get all of it taken care of it in one season, but I am confident most of the infrastructure will be done this year. I have a classmate from Thailand who, in gardener tradition, has committed several plants from her garden when we are ready, including strawberries. We are starting some plants from seeds but also wanting to get some perrennials and grapes.
-Light is returning to this part of the world and how. Once we clicked past the equinox - which by the way I didn't fully appreciate the meaning of til we moved here (12 hours of daylight/12 hours of darkness) we now have a lot of light. Daylight savings change helped out too. Heck, we have time to go out and play again.
-My friend Paul is coming to town but that is another post. I actually started writing this post and have since posted about Paul's visit which is now after this one. Confusing? You'll figure it out.
Hope your Spring is going great.
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! NO posts forever and now three!! glad you got to see your friend, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN! Hi, MONIKA!! Okay, off to fix lunch! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment