Friday, December 19, 2008

bring a torch

Today was the kids' last day of school before Christmas break. It's tradition they walk over to the local church and sing some songs. When I showed up Jake's teacher handed me a torch. No plan to get the monster though.

I don't know how old the church is but it is old. They managed to get 3 or 4 classes in and a handful of parents.

Cool old cemetery by the water. Can you guess what song this is? Jake is in the shadows in the far left.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

The church was beautiful! How cool...thanks for sharing the video too...and of course...Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!!!!

rednk-n-eurp said...

After talking to mormor turns out the church is a lot older than I thought it was. I looked it up and the building was built in the 1680s.

It is funny to think that the places I drive to everyday are older than my whole country.

Hillary said...

What a fantastic tradition!

Number Three of Eight said...

Thank goodness it wasn't Oh Holy Night.

I'm impressed by the candles. No way we'd see that here in the states. I hope your kids remember all this!

You will have to bring some of those traditions home with you.