Mormor says it is olvon, which in English is viburnum. The variety mormor has has no berries and doesn't start flowering til November. No kidding. I'm not sure I see mormor's specific plant variety but the flowers are right on. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viburnum As you can tell from the picture the flowers are just past their prime. Picture taken yesterday, 12/9 - yes, in Sweden. Got me curious how closely related they are to jasmine.
Yes Yes I love viburnum. I see it. Some of them hold their leaves here too. That makes sense.
I have several varieties. Cool. Some of them are extremely fragrant and when you step outside you pick up the smell from yards away way before you see the plant.
The ones here mostly bloom in spring but some bloom at odd times. I'm not aware of any that bloom in winter in Ohio.
Mine are all spring bloomers. One of the four I have is in the extreme fragrence category. It makes me drunk with spring. It is better than a lilac.
So you are getting spring in December. What a blessing. Thanks for indulging me.
4 comments:
Amazing what is it????
Beautiful. Looks fragrant too and fruit like. More info...I'm intrigued.
It's not a joke right?
OK you've pushed my buttons. It's awful green in this post and your troll post. Are these really December snaps? What does Mormor call it?
Its barren here in Ohio except for evergreen shrubs and trees and the odd groundcover. You are much further north than we are.
If it is really blooming now, there is a pollinator. What insects, birds, or bats are active this time of year? Maybe it's pollinated by reindeer.
Margaret once again.
Mormor says it is olvon, which in English is viburnum. The variety mormor has has no berries and doesn't start flowering til November. No kidding. I'm not sure I see mormor's specific plant variety but the flowers are right on. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viburnum As you can tell from the picture the flowers are just past their prime. Picture taken yesterday, 12/9 - yes, in Sweden. Got me curious how closely related they are to jasmine.
Yes Yes
I love viburnum. I see it. Some of them hold their leaves here too. That makes sense.
I have several varieties. Cool. Some of them are extremely fragrant and when you step outside you pick up the smell from yards away way before you see the plant.
The ones here mostly bloom in spring but some bloom at odd times. I'm not aware of any that bloom in winter in Ohio.
Mine are all spring bloomers. One of the four I have is in the extreme fragrence category. It makes me drunk with spring. It is better than a lilac.
So you are getting spring in December. What a blessing. Thanks for indulging me.
Margaret
Margaret
Post a Comment